Why Software needs to be tested?
Any software that is developed needs to be testing because we all make mistakes. Most of the mistakes made in developing the software leads to some serious implication and are therefore very expensive and dangerous.
We need to check anything and everything because things can always go wrong when it is least expected. Major reasons why testing is required are as follows:
- It is only with the techniques used in software testing that the errors and the defects made in development of software can be identified.
- It’s essential since it makes sure of the Customer’s reliability and their satisfaction in the application.
- Quality of a product is of foremost importance to customers. So to ensure the quality of the product, testing is very essential.
- Testing ensures the software product is providing effective performance.
- Moreover to ensure and be in the business effectively, testing is very essential.
We have a group of experienced testing professionals who follows best practices and methodology to provide comprehensive testing solutions. Our testing services include the following:
- Manual testing
- Automation testing
- Compatibility testing
- Usability and Content testing
- Mobile App testing
- System testing
- Database testing
- Security testing
Manual Testing :
In Manual Testing, our test engineers execute test cases to ensure that the application is error free and it is working in conformance to the specified functional requirements. Test Suites or cases, are designed during the testing phase which have 100% test coverage.
We make sure that reported defects are fixed by developers and re-testing has been performed by our test engineers on the fixed defects. Basically, this testing checks the quality of the system and delivers bug-free product our customers.
Automation Testing :
In Automation testing, we test your software by means of programmable scripts. Automation testing helps automate highly repetitive test cases to provide testing coverage on core business processes, cutting costs by up to 40% and reduce test times by over 20%.
While designing a test automation suite we consider the specific features of the software, the need for ongoing maintenance, scalability and effectiveness of test execution.
We provide Test automation service using the following tools:
- HP Quick Test Professional
- IBM Rational Functional tester
- IBM Rational Robot
- Selenium RC
Compatibility Testing :
Compatibility testing is to check whether your software is capable of running on different hardware, operating systems, applications, network environments or mobile devices. The compatibility tests are performed on the following:
- Operating system
Usability and Content Testing :
In usability testing test engineers tests the ease with which the user interfaces can be used and whether the application or the product built is user-friendly or not. Usability testing also reveals whether users feel comfortable with your application or Web site according to different parameters – the flow, navigation and layout, speed and content – especially in comparison to prior or similar applications.
Usability Testing tests the following features of the software.
- How easy it is to use the software?
- How easy is to learn the software?
- How convenient is the software to the end user?
Content is a critical part of understanding, learning, and using any product. To be able to understand how the user is likely to interact with the product, we need to first understand the user goals and the tasks the user will carry out to reach that goal. "Content testing" refers to the practice of testing whether or not your content is suitable for the audience in question, and whether or not they can understand and comprehend it. This testing is applicable to marketing, advertising, non-fiction, and for any discipline that relies on writing for a particular audience.
Mobile App Testing :
Mobile App testing is the testing of applications and software that work on mobile devices and their functionality is tested. The applications are tested for functionality, usability and consistency. Mobile testing is performed on the following:
Different range of mobile devices with different screen sizes and hardware configurations like hard keypad, virtual keypad (touch screen) and trackball etc.
- Wide varieties of mobile devices like HTC, Samsung, Apple and Nokia.
- Different mobile operating systems like iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows and Blackberry.
- Different versions of operation system like iOS 8.x, iOS 9.x, BB9.x, BB10.x etc.
- Different mobile network operators like GSM and CDMA.
- Frequent updates – (like android- 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, iOS-5.x, 6.x) – with each update a new testing cycle is recommended to make sure no application functionality is impacted.
System Testing :
System testing is the End to End testing of a complete and fully integrated software product. This is performed by our independent testing team both onsite and offshore. System testing is the final test to verify that the system to be delivered meets the specification and its purpose.
System testing involves testing the software for following:
- Testing the fully integrated applications including external peripherals in order to check how components interact with one another and with the system as a whole.
- Verify thorough testing of every input in the application to check for desired outputs.
- Testing of the user's experience with the application.
Database Testing :
Computer applications are more complex these days with technologies like android, iOS and also with lots of smart phone apps. The more complex the front ends, the back ends are even more intricate. So it is very important to test the and be able to validate the databases effectively to ensure secure and quality databases. This is also known as Back- End testing. This type of testing chiefly deals with all the testable items that are generally hidden from the user for viewership. These include internal process and storage like Assembly, DBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL, etc.
Database testing includes performing data validity, data integrity testing, performance check related to database and testing of procedures, triggers and functions in the database. Database testing can be categorized into three categories −
- Structural Database Testing : It deals with table and column testing, schema testing, stored procedures and views testing, checking triggers, etc.
- Functional Testing : It involves checking functionality of database from user point of view.
- Non functional Testing : It involves load-testing, risk testing in database, stress testing, minimum system requirements, and deals with the performance of the database.
Security Testing :
Security Testing ensures that system and applications in an organization are free from any loopholes that may cause a big loss. Security testing of any system is about finding all possible loopholes and weaknesses of the system which might result into loss of information at the hands of the employees or outsiders of the Organization.
The different types of Security testing performed are as listed :
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Security Scanning
- Penetration testing
- Risk Assessment
- Security Auditing
- Ethical hacking
- Posture Assessment